Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day


What a great day today! We started out going to Lake City and taking the kids fishing at Lake Pepin. We only caught 3 fish, but they had fun. It is kind of a tradition to go there and then DQ for ice cream, then we go to the greenhouse right next door. I found 1 Bluebell grape plant and I HAD to have it! I had wanted to order 4 for this year, but they were not ready to ship when we needed to plant them. So it was really nice to get one and plant it at home.

I moved 3 Concord cuttings over by my other ones next to my arbor so I could put the Bluebell right there. Now there are 7 cuttings next to one side of the arbor, I am hoping at least one of them grows. I just took 3 node cuttings that I trimmed off the Concord plant this spring and just stuck them in the ground. I have had 1 of them sprout already in a different location in my yard. So I have hope that one will work.


No comments:

Post a Comment