Monday, September 20, 2010

New Oil Paintings



I have done some more oil painting and I am just loving it! My second one is another Bob Ross mountain painting that I substituted pink mountain snow for grey because I had a bunch left over on my pallet.

The third one was from a picture of a sunset that my wife took while we were on a trip to Winona. This was my first original painting without having an example in a book.

The fourth one was a sailboat that was 2-3 miles away when I took the photo. I enlarged the photo 19 times so it was just real fuzzy. I wanted to paint it impressionistically, but I ended up blending all the colors together.

The fifth one is a copy of a Monet painting that I liked and that my wife said I could hang a large one in the house upstairs if I could pull it off. I think it turned out very well, and I have already bought a new 26x30 inch canvas so I can make the large one.

The sixth one is a copy of a photo of a villa in Tuscany, Italy of a vineyard that I liked. I just did this on watercolor paper in about an hour and a half. I just kind of went for it and it turned out quite well. This one, the Monet, and the sailboat are all little 7x9 inches. The other ones are on 11x14 inch canvasses. I got a real deal on multipacks of canvasses so they were only $2.40 each. This makes it affordable to paint one new one a week without breaking the bank. Also, using a 40% off one item coupon, I have been able to get new, large tubes of paint, and 50% off brushes have allowed me to get some nice brushes at a good value.




No comments:

Post a Comment